3W26 Tabla Visuals Meets Professional Tabla Player.
I will go and see Ashoka and Bimlesh in a few days as they requested to record some songs with visuals. This is a very positive outcome from the first meeting with a professional tabla player.
I hadn’t prepared anything before meeting Ashoka. The experience helped me to realise how I need to prepare my Max Patches for a live performance or spontaneous music visuals session.
1. The Max patches should be ready to start as soon as I open them, all the setting ready to go – this can be done with the ‘loadbang’.
2. I need a naming convention, so it is clear what different patches do.
3. All the patches should be all together, so they are easy to locate and I know what I have.
4. All my movies should be together and clearly named, and state if they are sequences or random images.
5. Develop a system where I can drop folders of images into the patch and select them by the press of a key.
6. The system I create must have very easy usability.
Bimlesh Prakash on Harmonium and Ashoka Rehela on tabla.